Myers Briggs Type and Selling and Sales
The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) is a powerful tool when selling. It is often said that ‘selling is all about people’ and ‘people buy from people’. The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator provides a framework for considering people – both sellers and buyers, in the sales process. In particular the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator enables the sales person to:
1) better hear, clarify and understand client needs
2) better tailor the product/service to those needs
3) better present the benefits
4) create a relationship that endures over time.
There are numerous process descriptions of the selling process and when working with the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator we use a 4 step approach:
1. Initiating the relationship
2. Investigating needs
3. Suggesting a course of action
4. Obtaining agreement and closing
At each stage of the process different Types will have different preferences and by adapting and connecting to these preferences a salesperson will have a greater chance of success.
Iridium provides bespoke sales training programmes based around the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator contact Colin Graves (an ex Sales Director and Myers-Briggs Licenced Practitioner) now on 07881 636538 or via the contact page.