Myers Briggs For NHS teams
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) for NHS teams
Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) for NHS teams
Ideal for staff training days and team development for NHS trusts wanting to further improve performance! Our services include:
- Team building and team development for NHS staff using MBTI (see below)
- Organisational change in NHS trusts using MBTI: Understanding and dealing with responses to rapid change, understanding team and organisational culture, fostering innovation.
- Management and Leadership development in NHS trusts using MBTI: For Leaders and managers either individually, collectively or in teams. Myers-Briggs is used to identifying individual leadership styles and developing leadership ability through better self-awareness and awareness of others. Using the MBTI effectively can also help build emotional intelligence and emotional intelligence has been shown to correlate with leadership ability.
- Self-development using MBTI for NHS health professionals: One to one testing followed by coaching. Typical applications are increasing self-awareness, career development , time and stress management.
Typical Myers-Briggs based Team Workshop / Team Day Overview for NHS trusts
A Myers-Briggs team workshop / team day is applicable to all levels of teams and all sizes of teams, we have conducted workshops for complete staffs, administration teams, emergency teams, teams and senior leadership and management teams.
A typical Myers-Briggs based team workshop looks at improving communication both internally and externally, enhancing team problem solving, valuing diversity and providing a non-judgemental way to approach team issues.
An introductory workshop will enable each team member to understand their own type and how this impacts the team.
Each workshop is bespoke and tailored to your requirements Each participant will take the questonnaire online prior to the workshop and get the results at the workshop. The workshops are fun, highly interactive and always very well received.
The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator is non-judgemental and there are good day and less-good day behaviours for all types and so, a workshop provides a great forum for getting to know and understand team members. Contact us now for a sample agenda and free proposal.
After a recent workshop we received the following testimonial: “Thank you for your contribution to our team building programme. The team really enjoyed and valued your session”. We have workded with a wide range of NHS trusts including hospital foundation trusts, PCTs, GPs, Ambulance services and mental health services.
Completion of this Myers-Briggs team workshop will lead to perfomance improvement by enable participants with:
- Greater understanding of their own operating style and how this may affect their performance at work.
- Recognition of and appreciation for differences with others thus reducing conflict, enabling change and enhancing team interaction.
- Recognition of individual contributions to the team thus enhancing creativity and the problem solving ability of the team.
- Ability to see things from other perspectives, valuing diversity and so, enabling teamwork to flourish.
- A framework for better communication both internally within the team and externally, leading to greater productivity.
- A framework of influencing tools to ensure the teams message is successfully articulated.
Experience shows that teams that have been through the Myers-Briggs team workshop are more productive afterwards. Research has also shown that self awareness and awareness of others is key for high performance.
We provide a 100% satisfaction guarantee, you only pay after the event when you are 100% satisfied. Contact us now for a sample agenda and a free proposal.
So, What is the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)?
Have you ever wondered why you seem to relate better to some people than others? Why some of your colleagues seem to be on your wavelength whereas others have very different thought processes and styles? Have you ever asked yourself “Why don’t they get it?” when an idea, conclusion or plan of action seems obvious to you?
The Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) is the most widely used instrument for understanding personality differences – differences that can be the source of much misunderstanding and miscommunication between people. (Over 2 million MBTI personality questionnaires are completed each year worldwide). The MBTI, based on over fifty years of research, is extremely effective in enabling you to identify your strengths and provides in a practical way a better understanding of yourself, your motivations and potential areas for growth. Equally it will also enable you to understand and appreciate those who differ from you. It is not a test as there is no measure of ability, it measures preferences. It is therefore a proven personality profiling tool for building understanding in individuals, teams and organisations and thus enabling better performance. It provides feedback on four dimensions of personality that have been proven in over 4000 research studies. To learn more about Myers-Briggs order our free 10 page Myers-Briggs overview document
We also send out a monthly newsletter and tips – see our tips page.
For books on the Myers Briggs Type Indicator and its application see our recommended books.
You may also be interested in our range of workshops that incorporate Myers-Briggs including: